Neptune Apex Trident: A key ingredient to a great reef aquarium is maintaining proper levels of Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium.
Neptune Apex Trident features:
- AUTOMATED TESTING OF ALKALINITY, CALCIUM, AND MAGNESIUM
- INCREDIBLE PRECISION
- EASY, PLUG AND PLAY, 15-MINUTE SETUP
- EASY TO READ RESULTS AND GRAPHS
- HIGH/LOW ALERTS WHEN TANK IS OUT OF RANGE
- CONTROLS DOSING TO MAINTAIN MOST CONSISTENT LEVELS POSSIBLE
- ONE MONTH’S REAGENT SUPPLY STORES NEATLY INSIDE
- USES LESS THAN 7ML TANK WATER PER TEST
- INCREDIBLY QUIET SO YOU HAVE PEACE OF MIND!
HOW IT WORKS
The Trident is a self contained automatic titration colorimeter. That’s quite a mouthful, for sure, so let’s state it as simply as we can. The Trident is basically automating what you (and top scientists) do already when you test your water, that is, perform a color changing titration and interpret the results.
On a scheduled basis the Trident carefully mixes its reagents with a small amount of sample water from your aquarium. It measures the amounts of each that are necessary to reach an expected color change. When it finishes the titration, it sends this sample/reagent fluid to your waste container. It then interprets the results of that test and logs the value into your Apex.
CONSISTENCY AND PRECISION, TEST AFTER TEST
The Trident tests with a precision of +/- 0.05 dKh for Alkalinity and 15ppm for Calcium and Magnesium. This is better than humans can do consistently with every hobby-grade test kit on the market.
UNDERSTAND YOUR AQUARIUM LIKE NEVER BEFORE
When you start getting the regular data coming in from the Trident you will be amazed at the things you can see happening. The daily light cycle swing on calcium carbonate uptake. A salinity drop by watching magnesium. An out of sync dosing of calcium. This increased understanding ultimately helps you maintain a better, more successful reef.
- Apex or ApexEL (not Apex Classic, Lite, or Jr.)
- Available 1Link port OR 24v power supply and Aquabus Cable (available separately)
- External waste container or drain
- Must be located within 4’ of water source to be tested
- 1Link cable (US/CAN only)
- 5′ of black sample line tubing
- 5′ of clear waste line tubing
- 1-month reagent supply
- Calibration Fluid