The Versa is a specially designed aquarium peristaltic pump from EcoTech Marine. Much more than a traditional “dosing” pump, the Versa is extremely precise, robust, and versatile.
The Versa excels in many precision aquarium pump applications, including; dosing, auto top off (ATO), automated water changes, and reactor feeding.
Pump drive incorporates a DC stepper motor with a planetary gearing mechanism. Intelligent control and BLE connectivity deliver super easy and lightning-fast calibration and programming.
The experienced hobbyist will immediately understand what makes the Versa a clear choice as a precision aquarium pump. Those new to this equipment will enjoy the simplicity of Mobius control and smart device wireless connectivity.
The Versa can be purchased as a single pump or as a four-pack that includes a consolidated power rail base station. Individual pumps can be added to a base station if purchased separately.
Versa VXF-1 (4-Pack)
The Versa VXF-1 A 4 Pack of Pumps, including the Base Station and Base Station Power Supply. This Kit does not include individual power supplies as the Base Station serves as a 60V power rail for all pumps.
The Base station also includes buttons to directly interact with the connected pumps – for priming and indexing. All pumps come with push to connect fittings (1/4″ OD) and barb adapters (1/4″ID).
Flow Range of 0.5ul to 300ml
The Versa can be used for a wide range of aquarium applications. Fine control of very small dosing quantities for additives or liquid salts, large volume dispensing as part of an auto top off system, or for automated water changes.
High capacity and commercial-grade construction mean the Versa can run heavily, including in continuous use applications. Tough tubing that is easily replaceable makes for impressive longevity with minor effort to service. *Feeding dependent on liquid viscosity and other factors.
Planetary Gear Drive
The Versa’s drive configuration is optimized for precision and longevity – two essential characteristics for a precise yet robust market-leading peristaltic pump.
Including safeguards, catch-up, and a myriad of other features: A defining characteristic of EcoTech equipment is the versatility and power of control offered to the aquarium hobbyist. A defining characteristic of Mobius is packaging all this capability in a way that makes programming and control intuitive, quick, and painless.
- Continuous Mode sets a dosing rate (volume/min) that runs when the pump is powered. Continuous mode is an always-operating dosing mode and needs to be controlled by external means (controller, timer, float switch).Continuous Mode Use Case- Using the Versa as part of an auto top off setup would be a continuous mode use case. This configuration involves paring a Versa running continuous mode with a float switch that activates when water levels drop. A good value for flow rate, in this case, is mainly dependent on the size of the tank and the differential between high and low positions on the float switch. (A substantial required volumetric change will most likely benefit from a higher dispense rate.)
- Manual Mode allows the selection of a dosing volume and duration. The dosing pump dispenses that volume at a rate consistent with the total volume desired. The rate can be set by time start and stop and a total dose volume, in which case the pump determines the appropriate dose rate. Multiple periods can be set (up to 30).The Catch-Up toggle, when engaged, allows the Versa to make up a dosing difference if the pump is shut down or is interrupted for some time. Catch-Up only doses missed volume up to the same days set total. It will not attempt to make up multiple days – worth of dosing.Manual mode use case – This mode is an excellent option for replacing an existing dosing schedule. An advantage over current dosing pumps includes dosing the planned daily volume continuously over a more appropriate time period as opposed to fixed-rate dosing, which runs at the same rate until the total volume is complete (discreet). Discreet dosing points can also be created if that is the user’s preference.Dosing additives or food continuously over long periods may be a preferred dosing solution as it will not cause sudden changes in aquarium chemical parameters that may occur if single dosing events are utilized. When setting up the Versa to dose, three modes can be selected. PG. 11 Features, pricing and specifications subject to change.
- Auto mode schedules dosing specific to what additive or solution is dosed. This mode capitalizes on standard dosing practices and knowing water parameter changes in a reef tank based on light cycle and inhabitant biological activity. The dosing pump will not determine how much to dose (that requires testing and tuning). It will, however, schedule dosing around the salt or additive solution selected and best practices associated with dosing that particular salts or additives.Examples Include:
- Magnesium morning, Calcium afternoon, ALK Buffer night time.
- Trace Elements dosed during or shortly before the brightest part of the scheduled photoperiod.
- Calcium Reactor – doses a higher ratio of daytime volume to night time volume to mitigate pH swings.
- Kalkwasser – doses higher ratio of nighttime volume to day time volume to mitigate pH swings.
- Adaptive ATO – after a few refill cycles, pump learns the approximate rate of evaporation and performs continuous top off – evaporation rate “measured” once a week to account for seasonal evaporation changes, resulting in much more stable salinity and sumps water level (especially useful for sumpless nano tanks)Auto mode use case is an ideal solution for using Versa pumps for all your aquarium dosing and top off activities. Choose the purpose or additive and then tune the dosing – or set to your current expected volumetric requirements, and this mode handles the rest.
- Min dosing volume: 0.5 ul/min
- Max dosing volume: 300 mL/min
- Accuracy: +/- 0.2 mL for quantities of 1 mL or less, +/- 1% for quantities of 1- 300 mL (2% advertised).
- Input Voltage: 110-220v
- Vertical Head Pressure: 18+ft (6m)
- Connector Options: 1/4″ female push-to-connect (PTC) with barb adapter for softwall tubing, 1/4″ stem with PTC elbows* (*denotes accessory).
- Tubing: 1/4″ OD Polyethylene-Style Tubing for push-to-connect fittings or 1/4″ ID soft-wall tubing for barb fitting.
Summary of Features
- Wide range dosing capability (.5 uL-300 mL/minute)
- Heavy-duty construction
- Consistent and reliable stepper motor with planetary gear drive
- Safeguards against over-dosing and user error
- Wireless communication onboard
- Mobius programming allows for: Continuous dosing over time, Up to 30 discreet dosing points, 3 dosing modes; automated, calculated or manual, Dosing as part of scenes and routines, Integration with other EcoTech/Mobius equipment (e.g., feed mode), Capacity of over 200 Versa pumps per system
- 1 Year parts and labor EcoTech warranty
- Quiet operation
- Modular design
- Easy to maintain
- Included Barbed Connector
- Two optional interchangeable connectors also available. (Push to connect stem, push to connect female).
What is Mobius?
Mobius is EcoTech’s new equipment control app. Free for download from your favorite iOS or Android app store (available at the time of Versa public launch), Mobius turns your smart device into the control center for your EcoTech equipment. Simple is an understatement. In less than five minutes, you can be up and running.
By using app control as the interface for programming the Versa – complex programming is immediately simplified by using the power and simplicity of your existing smart device. App control removes the need to access a control panel and cycle through options and settings with a cumbersome onboard interface and hard to press buttons.
Other than an iOS or Android smart device, no additional controller is required.
The Versa pump is controllable exclusively with Mobius and is not backward compatible with EcoSmart Live.
The Mobius app is required to create a 24-hour dosing schedule for the Vectra.