Neptune Energy Bar 832
When we decided to create The new Neptune Energy Bar for this new Apex, we designed it from the ground up. Not only does the Energy Bar 832 have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports.
And, each individual outlet has independent power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet.
The Neptune Energy Bar 832 is intended for indoor use only in North America and other locations which have 120VAC 60Hz electricity. A Neptune Systems Apex controller is required to utilize the EnergyBar 832 (EB832); it cannot function as a standalone power strip.
ENERGYBAR 832 FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- (8) relay-switched programmable 120VAC outlets. Used for controlling power to pumps, lighting, heaters, a chiller, and other aquarium equipment.
- Heavy-duty power grounded cord. 6 feet in length.
- Each 120VAC outlet has a rated load capacity of 7 Amps.
- (3) 1LINK ports for connection of Neptune Systems peripherals. Can be used for the DŌS Dosing and Metering System and WAV powerheads.
- (2) DC24 outlets providing switched 24VDC power (up to 30 watts each) to Neptune Systems 24VDC accessories.
- Status LEDS for AC outlets and DC24 ACC outlets.
- 3-port AquaBus hub for Apex system interconnection.
- Per-outlet monitoring of Amps and watts on the (8) AC outlets.
- Voltage monitoring.
- Per-outlet overcurrent warnings through the Apex system and via flashing of the AC outlet status LEDs.
- 15 Amp circuit breaker for overcurrent protection.
- Active electrical current monitoring and logging through the Apex.
For years we have been asked to provide power monitoring of the individual devices connected to each outlet – but it just wasn’t possible without pricing the product out of the range of most consumers. Now it’s here and with comes tons of benefits.
With this power information regularly monitored, you now know when your pump, skimmer, powerhead, UV, or any other device is not operating normally and an alert message can be sent. This enables you to catch issues right when they happen – or better yet when they are on the road to failure.
Also, for many of us the cost of the electricity to run a successful aquarium is a major concern in our household. Ironically, our energy usage could be directly connected to excess greenhouse gasses, the warming of the oceans, and the bleaching of the corals!
However, armed with this power usage information, we believe aquarists will be able to reduce their carbon footprint.
BUILT-IN 1LINK AND 24VDC PORTS
This Energy Bar has a built-in 100W, 24VDC power supply that can control up to three Neptune Systems 1LINK products like the WAV and DOS. It also includes two switchable 24V DC on/off outlets that are compatible with any 24V device under 30W and Neptune Systems 24V accessories like our Practical Multi-purpose Utility Pump (PMUP) and solenoid valve.
INDIVIDUAL OUTLET INDICATOR LED
Each Energy Bar AC outlet as well as the two 24VDC accessory ports have their own status LED. This LED tells you when that outlet is energized. The LED will also blink rapidly if a device is plugged in that exceeds the current capability for that outlet.
ALARMS AND DECISIONS BASED ON POWER
Since the Apex is receiving continual power usage data from the Energy Bar 832, it can be configured to send you notifications when a device is not using power as it should be. An example would be a return pump showing no power consumption when the outlet is on. Or, tell you when a skimmer has a clogged airline because power consumption will show differently than normal operation. These high and low limits are completed customizable by individual outlet. You can even use this power data to control other devices.
ALL OUTLETS RELAY SWITCHED
Times have changed and it is fairly uncommon now for aquariums to have AC devices that must be cycled on and off continuously. This means that we could now switch all AC outlets to relay switching.